Serevi® offers a progressive pathway for female athletes inorder to pursue rugby at all levels. Nearly all Serevi youth and training camps include opportunities for female athletes to train, learn, and compete with other female athletes under an exceptional team of coaches.
Serevi camps and high performance programs are designed in a way that caters to the needs of female athletes:
• Tackling drills are addressed progressively, so that each player learns proper, shoulder-first tackling form.
• Coaches, many of them accomplished female rugby players, are trained to interact with each player in an affirmative and encouraging manner.
• Serevi instructors manage Tone & Trust, communicating, structuring drills, and providing feedback in ways that respect various learning styles and player motivations.
• Contact drills are organized to match players based on physical size and ability, not simply age..
• Selected camp apparel is provided in women’s fits and sizes, not simply unisex or gear adopted from men’s rugby.
MINIS AND ELEMENTARY: AGES 4-11
These after-school, day camps and school break programs introduce and enhance rugby skills for boys & girls new to rugby. The camps feature fundamentals such as passing, catching, and kicking, as well as the development of the girls’ team/unit skills. Young athletes are typically segmented by age and ability. Contact is limited in the younger age groups as the emphasis is on offensive fundamentals, teamwork and communication. In the older age groups, we introduce girls to contact fundamentals, including tackling, rucking, and mauling, as well as the set formations of scrums and lineouts.MINIS (4-6)ELEMENTARY (7-11) MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL: AGES 12-19Each camp is segmented by age, ability and often gender to make sure each athlete is matched appropriately with others in the program. These daylong and multi-day programs are designed to refine specific technical skills, further develop unit skills, and improve decision-making and performance in match situations. Contact in these camps is calibrated based on the age, size and development level of each athlete.
COLLEGIATE / ADULT: AGES 18+
Each Collegiate / Adult programs are designed to accelerate and refine the development of the female athlete. These day-long and multi-day programs are designed to refine specific technical skills, further develop unit stills, and improve decision-making and performance in match situations. Very often, camps at the collegiate level are discreet sessions planned and run for female athletes.
THE SEREVI RUGBY® ACADEMY: AGES 15+
The Serevi Rugby Academy includes high-performance programs for young women who want to take their game to the next level. Including our Academy Training Centers in Chicago, Seattle and San Diego, Serevi is helping develop the next generation of women’s rugby players. The Academy is open to women’s rugby players from around the world, with opportunities through Residence Camps, Skill Camps and Talent Identification Camps.
Learn more about The Serevi Rugby Academy
For a complete list of Serevi programing, see our programs page.